Sackville Minor Hockey Association Programming is broken down into the following Divisions based on the player's Year of Birth:
- U5 2019
- U7 (4 Groups) 2017-2018
- U9 (Development, Intermediate, Advancing) 2015-2016
- U11 (Recreation and Competitive) 2013-2014
- U13 (Recreation and Competitive) 2011-2012
- U15 (Recreation and Competitive) 2009-2010
- U18 (Recreation and Competitive) 2006-2008
Ages for each division are set by Hockey Canada.
At the association level, SMHA provides players with additional development opportunities through programming put in place by John Hubley, VP Development (VPDevelopment@FlyersHockey.ca). The extent of the programming depends on the team and division, and includes on-ice skills sessions, power skating, and off-ice / dryland training. John also offers coaching guidance and development opportunities for our volunteer coaches.
U5 and U7
Contact: Matt Brown, VP U5 & U7 (VP@FlyersHockey.ca)
SMHA U5 and U7 programming is designed to introduce 4, 5, and 6 year olds to hockey.
Which program do I register my child in?
- 2020: Not yet eligible for Hockey Canada programming (Consider Pre-CanSkate or an HRM Parent-And-Tot program)
- 2019: Register for U5
- 2017-2018: Register for U7
Contact: Ryan Brewer, VP U9 Division (VPU9@FlyersHockey.ca)
The Teams at the U9 Division are divided into 3 sub categories: Advancing, Intermediate, and Development. U9 is unique in that none of the teams fall directly under "Competitive" or "Recreation" headings. The sub-categories are tiered, and the U9 Evaluations help to place the players in the tier that will optimize their development.
U11, U13, U15, U18 - Recreation
U11, U13, U15, U18 - Competitive