Families that may require financial aid to assist with Registration and Team Fees have a number of options available. Below are some funding programs that may be able to help.
If you are submitting an application for Financial Aid to any of the sources noted above, please complete regular season registration before the Friday, Sept 9th Registration Deadline and select EMT as payment type. Then, please forward any financial aid approvals to Finance@FlyersHockey.ca.
SMHA Player Assistance Fund
As of September 1, 2022, SMHA is thrilled to announce the formalization of the Sackville Flyers Player Assistance Fund.
SMHA has funds from outside donations and expired 50/50 credits to assist families with the cost of hockey, who may not otherwise be able to afford it. These funds can be used in addition to awards received from other sources such as KidSport, Jumpstart and the Hockey Canada Assist Fund to reduce the fees incurred for the year.
- SMHA Player Assistance Fund eligibility will be determined using the KidSport criteria.
- SMHA continues to encourage all families in need of financial assistance to apply for all of the above-mentioned programs, where eligible.
- SMHA Player Assistance Fund Policy (.pdf)
- Application Deadline: 11:59pm, Friday, September 30th, 2022
- The application requires the Applicant to upload an attachment
- If you have technical issues with this, please fill in as much as you can on the form, then send the attachment directly to Tara McFeters at Treasurer@FlyersHockey.ca.
- All information will remain confidential, including application details and amounts of funding received.
- Amounts will be credited directly towards the players HCR account. No cheques or cash will be provided directly to the applicant.
- Contact Information: Tara McFeters, Treasurer@FlyersHockey.ca