SMHA is opening registration for Pre-Season Camps & Clinics. The ice schedules are not yet finalized; The dates below are tentative and based on predicted registration, and are subject to change. Firm dates and times will be posted as soon as possible after the August 27th registration deadline.
- Registration Opens: 10:00am, Monday, July 4th, 2022
- Deadline: 11:59pm, Saturday, August 27th, 2022
- Hockey Canada Registration Link
- Pre-Season Camps: $150 (6 x 1hr Sessions)
- SMHA Checking Clinic: $50 (1 x 3hr Session)
- Defence Clinic: $50 (2 x 1hr Sessions)
- Try Goaltending Clinic: FREE (1 hr sessions. Participants choose one)
- The system will only allow one registration per player at a time in your cart/checkout
- You can do multiple children in the same transaction, but not multiple programs for one child.
- If you are registering the same player for two different programs - for example a U9 Player in both the Pre-Season Camp and in a Try Goaltending session - you must complete the checkout for the first program and do a second checkout for the second program.
- Spots are limited for the Clinics (U11 and U13 Defence Clinics, SMHA Checking Clinic, and the Try Goaltending sessions). A waitlist will automatically enable if/when the available spots are taken.
- Every effort is being made to have unlimited available spots for the Pre-Season Camps
The following Pre-Season Camps and Clinics are being offered:
- Cost: $150
- 6 x 1hr Sessions
- Divisions: U9, U11, U13, U15, U18
- There will be several groups in each division, dependant on registration.
- Tentative Timeline: Each group will have six ice times between Saturday, September 10th and Thursday, September 29th
- Groups will be formed after the August 27, 2022 Registration Deadline. Our intention is to accomodate anyone who wishes to participate and signs up before the deadline.
SMHA Checking Clinic
- Cost: $50
- Maximum Participants: 40
- 3 hours: 1 hour off-ice, 2 hours on-ice
- Tentative Time: 6pm-7pm Off-Ice, 8pm-9pm On-Ice, Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Completion of a Checking Clinic is mandatory prior tryouts for U15 A, U15 AA, U18 A, or U18 AA teams
- The clinic is open to any new or returning U15/U18 player
- Cost: $50
- Maximum Participants: 24 per group
- Two 1-hour sessions per group, tentatively scheduled as follows:
- U11 Defence Clinic: 6pm-7pm, Thurs & Fri, September 8 & 9, 2022
- U13 Defence Clinic: 7pm-8pm, Thurs & Fri, September 8 & 9, 2022
- SMHA is hosting a Defence Clinic for U11 and U13 players interested in having a better understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Defence position.
- All U11 or U13 players are welcome; Experience playing defence is not required.
- With the U9 experience focusing on half ice play, there is less focus on picking a position early. As players move into U11 and U13, it is necessary to further build upon and introduce specific position drills and understanding.
- Every team wants a puck moving, and a mobile, offensively-gifted back end. The days of big and rough defenceman are gone; everyone at every position needs to be able to skate, shoot and pass.
- Source: Hockey Canada "Development Defencemen" Presentation
Try Goaltending Clinic
- Cost: FREE
- Maximum Participants: 24 per session
- 1-hour sessions. Sign up for one session only.
- Tentative schedule as follows:
- First Session: 6pm-7pm, Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Second Session: 11am-12pm, Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Third Session: 11am-12pm, Sunday, September 11, 2022
- While this clinic is geared toward the younger age divisions, all U7-U18 players are welcome; Experience as a goaltender is not required.
- Gear will be on hand to outfit U7, U9, U11, and U13 players
- U15 and U18 players are welcome, but these players need to source/borrow their own gear along
- SMHA is focused on ensuring both Recreation and Competitive teams have enough goaltending depth in each birth year.